I recently stumbled upon this post by blogger Megan Has OCD and I really enjoyed reading her responses! This inspired me and I felt that it would be a nice way for readers of this blog to know a little more about me.
Please read my responses to the 25 Questions About Me tag:
1. What is your middle name?: Mary.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: English and Government. And weirdly enough, Biology.
3. What is your favorite drink?: Mango juice, Schwepes Bitter Lemon, and very cold water.
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?:‘Losing You’ by Solange. I listen to it almost every day.
5. What is your favorite food?: Rice in its different forms (jollof, fried, coconut, white) and fried plantains.
6. What is the last thing you bought?: I recently went on a short vacation, so I bought some makeup items which are not readily available in Nigeria:
As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I really love makeup!
7. Favorite book of all time?: ‘Purple Hibiscus’ by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and ‘How To Be A Woman’ by Caitlin Moran.
8. Favorite Color?: I would say blue and peach, though recently I discovered that I had a lot of black+white clothes. I wasn’t even aware that I was buying clothes in those colours so often.
9. Do you have any pets?: No, no, no to pets.
10. Favorite Perfume?: I recently rediscovered an old favourite, ‘Red Door’ by Elizabeth Arden. The scent is wonderful.
11. Favorite Holiday?: I would say Christmas because it’s at the end of the year, but I really just enjoy any excuse not to leave the house.
12. Are you married?: No.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I have been to South Africa (once-Johannesberg), United Arab Emirates (twice-Dubai), USA (once-New York) and the UK (I lived there for three years, and I’ve been back there every year since 2013. Yes, I really love England, particularly Coventry!).
14. Do you speak any other language?: I speak English fluently. I’m from Benin City, Edo State in Nigeria, but I don’t speak Bini very well.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have two brothers; one older and one younger.
16. What is your favorite shop?: Primark, Coventry City Centre (wow, it took me less than a second to come up with that answer! It is when I moved to the UK that I discovered that shopping could be a fun and relaxing experience. Shopping in Nigeria stresses me out).
17. Favorite restaurant?: I don’t have any favourites. I guess any restaurant that serves good quality Chinese food.
18. When was the last time you cried?: After my last break up. Good times!
19. Favorite Blog?: I really enjoy Cupcakes and Cashmere.
20. Favorite Movie?: ‘Bowfinger’, ‘Two Weeks’ Notice’ and ‘Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol’.
21. Favorite TV shows?: ‘Friends’, ‘How I Met your Mother’, ‘Rizzoli and Isles’, ‘NCIS’, ‘Rules of Engagement’.
I also enjoy game shows like The Chase and Pointless.
22. PC or Mac?: PC.
23. What phone do you have?: Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime+.
24. How tall are you?: 5’7.5″
25. Can you cook?: Yes! My favourite meal to cook is fried rice.
I really enjoyed doing this. Do you have any more questions which you would have added to this list?
Thanks for reading.